Jalios Agent is provided with Lotus Notes plugin. All portlets included in this plugin retrieve data from this agent to display Notes content in JCMS.
The agent is packaged in a jar file and should be deployed on Lotus Domino server.
Deployment of the agent in Lotus Notes 7.x
- Open Lotus Domino Designer.
- Create a new database : File > Database > Create...
- In Title field type
jaliosagent, Filename field is automatically filled with
Creation of the agent
- Open the database
- Select Shared Code > Agents
- Click on New Agent button
Agent frame opens.
Fill (Général tab) with these parameters:
Fill (sécurité tab) with these parameters:
Close this windows with the cross.
In the database
jaliosagent, go to Action zone:
- Select Imported java
- Click on Import classes...
In Define java agent files
- Select the directory which contains the JAR
- Select the JAR in the left column
- Add this file in right column with Add/replace files button
- Fill Base class field with
- Click on OK button.
Agent frame contains JAR and base class is filled.
Click on File > Save.
Jalios Agent is displayed in agent list.
Deployment for Lotus Notes 8.5
- Open "Lotus designer"
- Create a new application ("jalios agent" / jaliosagent.nsf)
- Affect this application to the correct server and select "Blank' as model
- Click on "Encryption" button and select "Do not locally encrypt this database"
- Validate the creation of the application
Now, we configure read rights on this application.
- Right-click on the application and go to "Application->Access Control"
- Configure a read access by default (and perhaps others groups if any)
- Click on "OK" for saving the parameter
Now, we will create the agent.
- In the application, on the node "Code", click on "New Agent"
- Fill agent name (Jalios) and choose "Imported Java" type
- Agent window opens, cliquer on "Import Class Files" button
- Add agent JAR (here notesAgent.jar)
- Add class base (com.jalios.notes.JaliosAgent.class)
- Some parameters should be configured for this agent.
- To access to parameters screen, right-click in the grey zone on the top, zone which contains agent name and choose "Agent properties"
- In "runtime" block, select "Agent list selection" in "Trigger" field and "All documents in database" in "target" field
- Click on the key tab to access to rights management
- Select "2. Allow restricted operations" in "Set runtime security level" field
* Agent is now installed. It's accessible with URL http://server:port/jaliosagent/Jalios?openAgent
Configuration in Jalios JCMS
- Go to plugin properties : Admin Area > Modules > Plugin Lotus Notes > Administration
- Fill Jalios Agent URL property with
To test agent deployment, open a browser with iNotes portal. Once connected to this portal, with the same browser, open URL:
The result is a XML document with empty documentset.
Import from Notes
This paragraph is to define document import specifications from Notes to JCMS
It should be defined to fit to existing database.
A software exist to retrieve Notes styles: Notespeek
To get a particular field style, you must use "RichTextNavigator" (class contains in notes.jar)
The browser will construct a RichtextStyle and you will access to paragraph style.