DB Comment Plugin 4.2
- Deploy Comment plugin
- Add Workspace's rights for publication type "DBComment"
- Update plugin's properties to define
- Which types can be commented
- Can the comment be anonymous
- If the comments can be anonymous, you have to define the Default Author in the JCMS property editor (User tab).
- A moderation workflow can be set on DBComment type.
3.1. Anonymous comments
Activating anonymous comments will permit non-logged-in visitors to comment on publications.
Logged users will still be identified as authors of their comments.
DBComment plugin allows anonymous on publication.
In plugin settings :
- Anonymous comments must be set to true
- "Notify anonymous user" sends notification emails to anonymous users who have commented on a publication
In admin settings, default user must be defined : Admin Area > Properties > Users tab > Default Author (DBData).
We recommend to use a dedicated account for this purpose.
3.2 Strict moderation mode
In plugin's settings, if "Activate strict moderation mode" is set to true, users who have the right to update other member comments (admin for example), will be able to update all fields but the content of the comment.
3.3 Disable comments on publication
Comments can be disabled on each publication.
"Allow to disable comments on a Publication" property must be set to true in plugin properties.
Users who have the right to update a publication, will be able to deactivate comments on it when editing the publication, or by clicking on an item in publication full display.
The default value of is commentable can be set to true or false in plugin properties.