PDF Converter Plugin 1.0.2
This plugin converts most of usual files format (doc, xls, ppt, ...) to PDF.
The plugin is based on :
- OpenOffice 2.3 (or greater), launched as a service;
- JODConverter 2.2 API.
- The File indexer plugin 2.2. Version 1.0.2 of the PDF converter is good for File indexer plugin version 2.2.
Warning! This production license of this module is not free. Licensees of JCMS Universal. can use it in production environment.
Follow the PluginManager installation process. Then restart the site.
OpenOffice 2.3 (or greater) has to be installed locally or remotely.
OpenOffice Installation and startup
- Download OpenOffice 2.3 (or greater), and install it as explained in OpenOffice documentation.
- Add the
programsub directory of OpenOffice home directory to the path.
- Launch OpenOffice to listen on port 8100 :
soffice -headless -nofirststartwizard -accept="socket,port=8100;urp;"
Additionnal installation to install OpenOffice on a remote server
To request OpenOffice from a remote server, a web service has to be deployed on the same server as OpenOffice. The web service is provided by a J2EE webapp. You may either use the webapp embedded in a Tomcat unzipping
jodconverter-tomcat-2.2.0.zip (make sure a convenient JDK is installed and JAVA_HOME is configured), or deploy the webapp
jodconverter-webapp-2.2.0.zip in your favorite J2EE app server.
If you wan't to restrict the acces to the web service, you have to do this with a firewall. The web service does not provide restriction for a IP range.
- Install a JDK 1.5
- Start the web service with
- Add the following property in
WEB-INF/data/custom.propand restart JCMS.
PDF Converter Plugin - Version 1.0.2
- Operation is considered as good if PDF already exists
PDF Converter Plugin - Version 1.0.1
- [PDFCONV-6] - Some IllegalThreadStateException thrown
- [PDFCONV-7] - Sometimes, exception arise because of HttpClient SoSocket Timeout
PDF Converter Plugin - Version 1.0
- [PDFCONV-1] - [functionnality]Create a processor that make conversion in PDF through OpenOffice
- [PDFCONV-3] - Create a parser for all files processed by the PDFConverter based on the associated PDF
- [PDFCONV-4] - Converter only on main leader if file replication is deactivated