This plugin adds text-to-speech capability for JCMS publications. It is based on the ReadSpeaker technology. To use this plugin you must be registered as a ReadSpeaker customer.
- Follow the PluginManager installation process.
- Restart the site.
- Go to the plugin's administration tab.
- Enter the CUSTOMER ID, CUSTOMER NAME and SERVER NAME provided by ReadSpeaker
- Enter the JCMS types you want to read
- Enter the supported languages (e.g. en fr)
Go to a readable content, then click on the play button in the readspeaker box.
A new portlet feed template is available to produce a ReadSpeaker podcast from the a set of content.
By default, the display template is used to read a content. To improve speech quality, a template may be dedicated to ReadSpeaker. It must be named doTypeReadSpeakerDisplay.jsp and be put in the directory of the type.