Zimbra Plugin 2.1
Zimbra plugin provides support of the Zimbra suite, and allows viewing of emails, contacts, calendar events and tasks thanks to the Zimbra API.
This plugin requires JCMS 9.
Zimbra supported version are 7.2.1 and 8.0.3.
The Zimbra plugin allows to view information of the current user retrieved from Zimbra in different portlets:
- E-mail Portlet: Displays the e-mails in the Zimbra inbox
- Calendar Portlet: Displays the Zimbra calendar events in the Portlet of the Calendar Plugin
- Task Portlet: Displays thes tasks
- Contact Portlet: Displays the contacts entered in Zimbra
- IFrame Portlet: Displays the Zimbra Web Client (ZWC)
The Zimbra plugin uses the Zimbra REST API.
Interaction with other plugins
The Zimbra plugin has a dependency on the Calendar plugin to display Zimbra calendar events in the Portlet of the Calendar Plugin
Add this plugin with the plugin manager.
Go to the plugin administration and information:
- Mode d'authentification Zimbra : Mode used to authenticate the members to the Zimbra server.
- Basic : Authentication is performed from the User name and password defined in the user profile.
- A passphrase must be set to encrypt the password,
- Duration is set to re-authenticate automatically the user on the Zimbra server when this time is exceeded,
- Preauth : This authentication is more secure. It allows users to not enter their identifiers in their user profile. It requires to generate a secret key on the Zimbra server, and sometimes a duration corresponding to the delta between the time of the JCMS server system and the time of the Zimbra server if the two servers haven't got their system date synchronized.
- A secret key (Clé Preauth) must be generated on the Zimbra server (voir https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Preauth) :
Go by SSH on the Zimbra server, run the command zmprov, then gdpak domain.com with 'domain.com' the domain of the Zimbra server. It is sometimes necessary to restart the Zimbra server after generating the key. For more information, see http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Preauth.
prov> gdpak domain.com
> service zimbra restart (Restart the Zimbra server)
- Authenticated by : Field of a member used to identify this member during a request to the Zimbra server. Default is e-mail address.
- Delta duration : It is possible that the system date of the JCMS server and that of the Zimbra server is not synchronized and therefore have a time lag that can prevent proper operation of Preauth authentication. To remedy this, specify in this field the delta value between the two servers. For example, JCMS Server = May 7, 2015 4:42:00 p.m., Zimbra Server = May 7, 2015 3:34:00 p.m., there is 1 hour and 8 minutes less on the Zimbra server, so enter '-4080000'.
- Zimbra base URL : The base URL for accessing the Zimbra Web Client (eg: https://zimbra.example.com/)
- Zimbra API base URL : The base URL for accessing the Zimbra API (eg: https://zimbra.example.com/service/)
Activate Zimbra Portlet types in the Workspace.
Configure a Zimbra account in Basic Mode
You must enter your Zimbra identifiers in order to view information from Zimbra.
For that, go to Edit my Porfile, then User Account.
Click Zimbra identifiers... link.
In the modal that opens, enter the Zimbra login and password then click the Save button.
Configure a Zimbra account in Preauth Mode
This mode allows you to automatically authenticate site members without having to enter their credentials Zimbra on their profile page.
The members present in JCMS must have their email address that matches their Zimbra email address to ensure that the authentication is done.
The e-mail Portlet allows to display the list of e-mails from the Zimbra inbox for the current user.
It is possible to select columns you want to display in the portlet:
- Edit Portlet
- Check and uncheck the columns boxes you want to display or not
- Click Save
The contact Portlet allows to display the list of contacts from Zimbra for the current user.
It is possible to import a contact in JCMS:
- ESN plugin is required to import contact.
- Show ttcard by positioning the mouse over the contact's name or photo, then click Import...
- Modal to add a new contact opens with the fields pre-filled based on the information entered in Zimbra.
It is possible to display the Zimbra events of the current user in the Portlet of the Calendar plugin.
You must activate the Zimbra ability on the Portlet:
- Edit Portlet
- In Personalisation (gearwheel), check the box Query Zimbra Appointments
- Click Save
The task Portlet allows to display the list of tasks from Zimbra for the current user.
The iframe Portlet allows to display Zimbra Web Client.