Access your email from the Digital Workplace! Improve and streamline the processing of your emails and attachments with JPlatform's collaborative, social and productivity features!
When to use this module ?
Do your suppliers/customers send by email incoming requests that require the involvement of several people within the company? Save time by importing them directly into your Digital Workplace and processing them with JPlatform's collaborative, social and productivity features.
- A sales representative who receives a signed order form by email can import and archive it directly into JPlatform without having to download it.
- A purchasing manager who receives a quotation by email can create a task in the Digital Workplace and assign it to a member of his team to analyze it.
What does this module offer ?
The JMail module allows you to integrate messaging system into the Jalios Digital Workplace.
Key features and functions
- Display the number of new emails received
- Check the content of an email and its attachments without going to your email
- Navigate between emails (next and previous button)
- Follow the email
- Trigger actions on emails (mark as read/unread, follow, mark as undesirable, archive, delete)
- Add an email to your task list
- Open the mail in the mailbox
- Open the mailbox
Sharing and socializing mail
- Import attachments for processing in JPlatform (filing, workflow, processing with JCapture, co-publishing, process integration)
- As content, the mail can be commented, shared, liked
- The user can switch from one messaging service to another (example: MS Exchange to Office 365)
- Choose whether or not to display the unread email counter
- Choose to synchronize only the inbox, or with subfolders or all folders
- Choose the message sorting mode
- Choose to display the images or not
- Open the mail in the browser or on the workstation
What our customers like about it
Free to choose my email provider
The JMail module is based on Jalios' JServices architecture with the following advantages :
- Our customers have the choice of email provider (Office 365, Exchange, G Suite, Zimbra CS, Bluemind, etc.)
This architecture manages cases where several different messaging systems are used in the company (this is often the case in companies that have made acquisitions).
The user experience
- The following and previous buttons allow you to quickly browse emails
- E-mails marked as read disappear from the list but are not deleted on the mail server
- List the email attachments and possibly import them. The user chooses in which space to import the documents.
To work, the JMail module requires a mail connector module.
Install the JMail plugin
Install the JServices plugin.
Finally, install one or more mail connector modules by referring to its installation documentation:
Setting the default email provider
You must specify a default supplier. To do this, add the following property:
jmail-provider-key is the provider key, such as:
If you have only one supplier available, specify it as the default one.
If you have more than one supplier available, specify one as the default one.
In this second case, the user will be able to change supplier (for example, from the Topbar JMail menu, or from his/her profile page. The choice is then saved in her/his preferences.
- read CSP-353
- download the
.sqlfile for your DataBase (MySQL, Oracle, or Derby)
- follow description in FIX field in CSP-353 issue
- dont forget to note and restore the setup of 2 guest form types in the requests storage workspace
This process will alter existing tables for guest accounts, in order to prevent database index naming conflicts.