JMag 5.3 Plugin
Do collaborative market watch and innovation thanks to the JMag plugin!
When to use this plugin?
Your teams are working on cutting-edge and competitive subjects, and are required to keep a watchful eye on the web. Turn this technological or competitive market watch into a collective and collaborative process!
Instead of sending emails to share your readings, use JMag: the shared pages benefit all your teams. They are thus capitalized and searchable, as well as the conversations associated with these pages: enough to feed your internal innovation process by allowing all of your collaborators to contribute on different themes.
What does this plugin do?
The JMag plugin is a collaborative tool for market watch and intelligence research. It allows users to share articles, sites and more generally web pages that seem relevant to them during their web browsing. These pages are shared in spaces and classified into categories. Users can comment, like and re-share. JMag mainly consists of two components:
- a collection / sharing system
- and an application to consult and navigate the collected pages
Collecting and sharing pages
A page share includes a title, a description, a visual and the URL of the page in question. The plugin automatically pre-fills these fields from the RUL, and invites the sharing user to also post a first comment about this page.
This information is indexed by the search engine, thus making it possible to search for and find the shared pages.
JMag offers several ways to collect pages:
- One-click sharing: directly from the page you want to share and thanks to the JMag extension available on Chrome , Firefox and Opera. Microsoft IE11 and Edge users have a Bookmarklet equivalent to add to their favorites.
- Sharing through the activity feed: to share a link via its URL, as simply as sharing a micro-blogging in the activity wall.
- Sharing through the read-it-later: from its reading list (module JReading). Indeed, before sharing in JMag, users can give themselves time to read in detail the content of a page by collecting in their personal reading list.
JMag consultation and navigation
To consult the shared pages, the JMag plugin provides a dedicated application. It can be used transversally or within a collaborative space. In a transversal way, the user has access to all the shared pages within all the spaces to which they are attached (provided the users have the correct access rights). Within a collaborative space, the user only sees the pages attached to this space.
This interface allows users to :
- Filter to search for pages according to different criteria (text, author, categories, ...).
- Show new pages (not yet viewed) or the ones added to the user's reading list.
- Quickly mark a page as already seen by clicking on the cross at the top right of each card.
- View the description and conversations associated with a page, and interact with likes and comments
- Recommend a page to other members
- Add a page to the user's reading list (to be read later)
- Go directly to the content (via the associated URL)
Pages shared in the JMag can also be highlighted in a portal via a carousel or a list.
The JMag plugin is fully available in the mobileJMobile mobile application . It is one of the most relevant uses in mobility:
- to view shared pages in JMag
- to share from the user's mobile web browser or other mobile apps
What our customers like about it
A market watch along the way and organized by theme: a competitive advantage
Keeping an eye of what's new in the market or what our competitors are doing is essential in our industry, and it's a good habit for all our teams to adopt at all levels. With JMag, this collaborative market watch is done naturally and as it happens: our employees share quickly and simply as they browe the web. The watch is organised into well-defined themes, and we can classify the shared pages with keywords. The fact that the pages are indexed and searchable contributes to building our knowledge of the market or a technology, which in the medium and long term is a definite asset for our company.
Share and consult market watch on the go
With mobile collaborative market watch, our employees can make use of their time on the road or other waiting times to keep an eye on hte market and industry: they can browse the shared pages and also contribute by sharing as simply as to sharing on social networks. The sources can be newsletters or news subscriptions consulted on their mobile, from the browser or other dedicated mobile news applications (press, reader, etc.).
Add the DBComment module and this module with the module manager and restart JPlatform
The JMag portlet
The JMag portlet has an Apps presentation, you can refine on the current space or display the web pages of all spaces.
The portlet can be declared as a service of the virtual office. It is recommended to display it in full page in a single tab of a single column.
Collaborative space :
The portlet can be declared as a collaborative space application. It will then be available in a tab of your space.
The portlet can be declared as a JMobile service. It will then be available in the space it belongs to in the Smartphone view.