Blog Plugin 9.0
This plugin add Blog to JCMS.
Improvement from 4.1.1 version : - In order to answer to the potential quantity of Blogs, it is now persisted in database. - A new User experience - A blogosphere where each Member can now create its own blog
Warning : The update from a 4.1.1 Blog Plugin requires the installation of another plugin : Blog 411 Migration Plugin
This plugin provides "Blogging" feature to JCMS using two publication's types:
- BlogPost: A UserContent to display in a blog with a given title and a given abstract.
- Blog: A Content with a layout to display a list of BlogPost and services.
Blogosphere is a workspace where every member can now creates its own Blog.
1.1 Automatic creation
The blog plugin needs a Workspace to create the Blogosphere. If your add-pack allows the creation of a Workspace, a new Workspace will be created (Named "Blogosphere"), and a new group will be created, containing all members of the blogosphere. Each right will be created automatically (Group rights, Category rights, Type enabling, Workflow draft).
To create the blogosphere automatically :
- Verifiy that your add-pack allows the creation of a Workspace
- Define plugin property "Create Blogosphere" to "yes"
- Restart your site, and the blogosphere will be created
1.2 Use an existing Workspace as Blogosphere
To define you own workspace as Blogosphere workspace, you must update the following properties :
- Members blog workspace id
- Root category id of the blogosphere
- Members of Blogosphere (Group)
You must activate following type :
- Blog - Content (Workflow "use")
- BlogPost - User Content (draft workflow)
- BlogRequest (Blog request workflow)
You must then activate the role "writer" for the group defined in Members of Blogosphere property
2 Create a Collaborative Space Blog
Its pretty simple : just activate the Blog Portlet as dashboard and service and to create the blog through this portlet.
The types will be automatically activated. Every worker member of this Workspace will be able to publish in this Blog.
3.1 Agreement of terms and services
You can activate a terms and service acceptation for members when they will access their blogosphere blog for the first time.
In plugin properties, update the following properties :
- Agreement for Terms and Conditions for Blogs is required : true or false
- Terms and Conditions for Blogs - Publication : id of the Publication to be displayed
- Terms and Conditions for Blogs - Field : name of the field to display to the user
3.2 Blog request
Every member can create his Blog
If the workflow "Blog request Workflow" is activated on the Form type "Blog Request" each member will have to wait for a validation before his Blog is created
You can create a Bloggers group, defined in plugin property. If a Member is in this Group, he will be able to create a Blog without validation
There's also an ACL : Creation of Blog in Blogosphere that lets Member create their Blog. Add this acl to a group, which will have "Blogosphere" as workspace
3.3 Featured Image (Since version 8.2)
You can now define a featured image for a blog post which will be used as the main image displayed in components using it (Tooltip card, some Portlet Query Foreach templates, SmartPhone views ...)
If there's no image set, an image will be retrieved in the text of the blog post.
Sur JPlatform 10, les billets sont maintenant des "Contenus" et non plus des "Contenus utilisateurs". Cela implique qu'un membre doit appartenir à un groupe ayant le droit de publier le type Billet pour pouvoir créer des billets de Blog dans son espace.