JLearn Plugin 3.1
The JLearn module is the Jalios' Digital and Social Learning offering
This module allows you to create or share learning resources in the form of Learning. Learnings can be built from a document, a video (local or remote), a Jalios content, a guide, a quiz, a SCORM content (2004 or 1.2), an URL. JLearn also allows you to reference external courses: MOOC or classroom courses.
Learning can be assembled into learning paths that also include quizzes and surveys.
Participants can exchange around Learnings and Paths through comments.
Learning and path habe a set of metadata: level, duration, themes, content type, keywords, approvals, etc.
JLearn manages the follow-up of learners: Learning started, completed, shared, path in progress.
JLearn provides several dashboards to see the progress of users (by team, by department, by group)
JLearn offers a catalogue to search for Learning and Path: textual search, by theme, by level,... It is possible to have a global catalogue as well as catalogues specific to each space.
Every day, an alert can be sent to members to remind them of the Learnings and Paths they have started but not yet completed.
Version 3.0. has brought major features that have changed the dimension of JLearn and make it a true competitor in the LMS/LXP world. Already well positioned in Digital Learning and Social Learning, JLearn now meets the training needs in Blended Learning (training paths mixing remote and face-to-face) via specific functionalities:
- New type of training (in addition to online training such as MOOC) for classroom or synchronous distance learning (Webmeeting, virtual class-room)
- Training sessions
- Management of sessions (face-to-face or virtual) on a training, a career path or a Learning
- Management of session registrations (with workflow)
- Follow-up of registrations and participations
- Follow-up of participants, trainers and managers (before, during and after the session)
- Sending invitations, making documents available before and after training, editing the attendance sheet
- "My Registrations" for the member
- "My Sessions" for the training managers and trainers
In line with requirement of training reforms, JLearn also facilitates the design of individualized training paths through specific functionalities:
- Creation of model paths
- Creation of customized path for a group of members based on a model path
- Automatic reminder of subscribers
Version 3.1. brings significant improvements:
- Management of expiry dates of certificates that can be associated with a Path or Learning: displays in the participant tab, new tab in the Dashboard, automatic reminders before and after expiry, archiving of expired certificates, management of visibility rights via a special authorization (ACL).
- Possibility for the trainer to enter the course dates in his Outlook or Google agenda. This already existed for participants
- New method of registering for a session: free participation. This mode is suitable for open access sessions that do not require registration management: webinars, forums, digital cafés, etc. This completes the two existing registration methods today: by the member and by the manager.
- The referent of a path automatically has visibility on the progress and score of the Course
- Create custom path from a template but without a session. This allows you to build custom path that are not placed in time.
- Quiz: numbering questions and creating quizzes from another quiz with question selection options. (You must have version 3.3. of LiveForm to benefit from it)
- Help: the option to access the help area in Community is available in the left menu
Aligned with our objective to provide an easy-to-use application, this version also includes nearly 40 improvements focused on facilitation the understanding and usability: UX/UI, navigation, vocabulary, simplification in visibility rights, availability of actions, tooltips, etc.
About twenty bug fixes, most of them minor, are also delivered in this version, a number that testifies but itself of the reliability and maturity of the product.
JLearn requires the following plugins:
- JGuide (version 3 or above)
- LiveForm (version 3 or above)
- DB Comment (version 6 or above)
- Visionneuse de document (version 5 or above)
Install and setup these plugins. Then install JLearn plugin with the JPlatform Plugin manager and restart JCMS.
Add the following types oin each workspace where you want to be able to create learning resources, courses, paths and sessions that can be associated with them.
If you want to add the catalog in a portal (or in a collaborative space), add a "Learning Catalog portlet".
If you want to add the suggestion portlet in your portal (or in the virtual desktop), add a"Learning Suggestion portlet".
For the generation of certificates you can use these fields in PDF templates:
||Date of the certificate|
||Name of the organization (as defined in the plugin's properties)|
||Location of the organization (as defined in the plugin's properties)|
||Period of validity of the certificate|
||Expiry date of the certificate|
||Signatory's name (as defined in the plugin's properties)|
||Signatory's job title (as defined in the plugin's properties)|
||Title of learning|
||Start date of learning|
||End date of learning|
||Duration of learning|
||Skills provided by learning|