Wiki Plugin 7.5
With the Wiki plugin, create and edit web content in collaborative way. Simply manage shared knowledge bases and give them the required structure to fit your teams' needs.
When to use this plugin?
Do you need to document a technical or functionalsubject, to take minutes of meetings, to keep notes, or to collaborate on articles ? Wiki pages are very convenient for a free flow of information within the company.
Wiki pages encourage everyone to contribute to the company's projects: every user can add pages, modify or correct existing wiki pages in workspaces that they are allowed to do so.
What does this plugin do?
Ease and comfort of use
- Creation, update and deletion of each page from the front-office
- Input with a rich editor in WYSIWYG mode. The plugin embeds the TinyMCE component and allows you to create content with formatting (font, bold, etc.)
- Unified insertion of links to existing documents, links to other content, web content
- Insertion, copy/paste, image drag & drop and resizing
- Creation of sections (h1, h2, ...), generation of table of contents
- Creation of a tree structure to classify Wiki pages.
- Navigation between pages in an explorer.
- Saving of the full history of changes
- Possibility to go back at any time to a previous version
What our customers like about it
A fully integrated user experience
There are several ways to access wiki pages content, making it a powerful content tool. First, the Wiki plugin gives access to the Wiki application from the application launcher. The Wiki application gives an overview of all wiki pages of the platform accessible by the user. The wiki pages can also be found in document explorer and they are shown in the activity wall. Wiki pages can be contextualized within a collaborative space.
As with other types of content on JPlatform, wiki pages can be commented, liked and recommanded. the rich text editor and the unified insertion is consistent with all other text fields in JPlatform, thus making the user experience simple and consistent.
Wiki Page and Wiki Page (Store)
The Wiki module provides 2 types of Wiki pages:
- Wiki Page are stored in JcmsDB ;
- Wiki Pages (Store) are stored in JStore.
Wiki Page is to be preferred. Wiki Page (Store) continue to be offered for compatibility. The two types can coexist.
Within a workspace, it is recommended to activate only one type. In case both types are activated, the type indicated in the module properties will be taken by default.
Unlike Wiki Page (Store), Wiki Page do not have automatic locking. Therefore, it is advisable to lock the page before editing it to avoid concurrent editing.
Wiki Category Root
In previous versions of the Wiki module, it was mandatory to install the Wiki Navigate Porlet to create the Wiki navigation root. This root is now created automatically when creating the first category in the Wiki Application in a collaborative space.