Reinforce your digital strategy with your own mobile Digital Workplace application! With JMobile, your entire Digital Workplace is at your fingertips everywhere and by everyone.
When to use this application?
Do you want to offer your employees mobile access through a dedicated mobile application that can be downloaded from the general public or internal apps stores?
The JMobile application complements the module JMobile to give access to everything the module offers while benefiting from the mobile's native features, such as real-time notifications, link sharing, access to contacts, camera, etc.
Note : JMobile App requires the module JMobile.
With version 2.1 of JMobile App, get :
- increased security with the support TOTP and SSO (SAML)
- photo sharing directly from the camera
- better performance thanks to technical improvements
Note: These new features require version 4.1 of the module JMobile. This version remains compatible with version 4.0 of the JMobile module.
What does this application offer?
This application allows you to use the various services offered by the (Search module JMobile , Documents, News, Workflow, etc.) and to take advantage of the native functionalities of your mobile phone :
- Receive real-time notifications on your smartphone regardless of the status of the application (active, background or inactive)
- Share a link from a browser or other application in JMag, add it to the liste de lecture or create a new one tâche
- Creating a contact in the smartphone from profile information in the Jalios Digital workplace
- Publish a photo in a microblogging directly from the camera or the photo gallery
What our customers like
A single point of access in mobility
A new approach to internal communication
A customized mobile app available on internal app stores
Make sure JMobile Plugin 4.2 is installed on your platform.
Activate Open API
Go to Site Properties -> Web Services
Enable JWT authentication (Json Web Token)
Go to Site Properties -> Access
Fill in the fields of the PKI Management form (see online documentation on PKI generation).
Create an empty CRL directory and enter the path.
Configure outgoing emails
To configure outgoing mail in the Jalios application, go to the administration
Administration > Exploitation > Properties > Property Editor > Email > Outgoing E-mail interface . You can follow this link for more information.
Priority of the JWT authentication manager
The priority of the JWT authentication manager recommended in JMobile use (and in particular if TOTP is used) can be modified via a property below.
2. Activate the JMobile channel
To activate the JMobile channel for a Member, just :
- Go to the member's profile page
- Click on "Edit my profile", then on the "Alert" tab
- Select the different types of alerts you wish to receive on your mobile.
- Restart the JMobile application.