WebChat Plugin 1.2
The WebChat plugin is an instant messaging solution using the XMPP protocle.
This plugin allows you to :
- Search for a person using the plugin and display its presence
- Start a conversation in 1-1
- Be notified of the receipt of a new message:
- Web Notification (except Internet Explorer)
- Sound Notification
- visual Notification (flashing title of the webpage)
Add this plugin with the plugin manager and restart JCMS.
To run, this plugin requires the installation and setup of OpenFire XMPP server.
Install Subscription plugin : Administration d'OpenFire -> Plugins
Fill all plugin properties :
* Bot username and password created during the OpenFire installation.
* BOSH Service url : get it from OpenFire admin panel :
* In Server configuration, select -> Server -> HTTP Binding -> Script Syntax -> Enabled - Allows BOSH Clients With Limited Access to Connect to the Server
* Restart JCMS.
You can test the installation and configuration of the XMPP server and WebChat plugin from the administration area :
* Technical administration -> Monitoring -> WebChat
* Actions -> Test XMPP Configuration
* If everything is ok, continue to the next step
* Fill in the account of a member who can use the WebChat plugin ( by default all members can use it)
* Trace must end with "Strpohe is connected. SUCCESS"
* WebChat menu is accessible from the top bar :
* Unfolded, the menu will display the last 10 people you have interacted
* You can quickly search for a member and see his status
Conversation between 2 people
* You can start a conversation from the topbar menu or from a member profile card :
* A chat window appears in the bottom right of the screen :
* The following informations are available :
* Time elapsed
* The message is delivered (gray check mark under the message)
* The message is read (green check mark under the message)
* The user is active in the conversation
* The user is inactive in the conversation
* The user is writing
* A series of emoticons
* Browser notification, available from firefox 40, chrome 43, Safari 8, Opera 32. IE and Edge does not support notifications. Note that firefox notifications appear only 4 seconds.
* Sound and visual notification, a sound is played when you receive a new message. The title of the tab also flashes and display : "New Message".
Currently only the last 20 messages by conversation are stored in the browser localStorage and displayed to the user.